Literature, veneers and finishing
This section introduces our range of standard veneers, along with explanations about our UV coating system, all our data sheets and technical brochures, some forms, complementary information and installation instructions. Choose the desired navigation pane to consult the documents of interest for your construction or architecture project.
You can also perform a search of doors and frames using the search tool on this Web page.
- Doors and jambs
- Options and accessories
- Literature, veneers and finishing
- Installation instructions, forms and technical bulletins
- Lifetime warranty
- WHITE BIRCH Rotary
- WHITE BIRCH Quarter Cut
- WHITE BIRCH Plain Sliced (Book and Running Match)
- SOUND BIRCH (Paint Grade) Rotary
- R/C BIRCH Rotary
- NATURAL BIRCH Rotary
- NATURAL BIRCH Plain Sliced
- WHITE OAK Rift Cut (Book and Running Match)
- WHITE OAK Plain Sliced
- RED OAK Rotary (Book and Center Balance Match)
- RED OAK Rift Cut
- RED OAK Plain Sliced (Slip and Running Match)
- RED OAK Plain Sliced (Book and Running Match)
- WHITE MAPLE Quarter Cut (Slip and Running Match)
- WHITE MAPLE Quarter Cut (Book and Running Match)
- WHITE MAPLE Plain Sliced
- AMERICAN BLACK WALNUT Plain Sliced
- AFRICAN MAHOGANY (Kaya) Plain Sliced
- CHERRY Quater Cut (Book and Running Match)
- CHERRY Plain Sliced
- BEECH Plain Sliced
Process and matching
U.V. Finishing System
â€¢â€‚ Characteristics equivalent to or better than AWI TR-8 and OP-8, new SYSTEM 9 according to AWS Edition 1-2009 for all our Door Series.
â€¢â€‚Meet WDMA I.S.1A Â Extra Heavy Duty Standard.
â€¢â€‚ Semi-filled appearance.
â€¢â€‚ Satin sheen between 30 to 35 degrees.
â€¢â€‚ Roller coat system allowing stain to penetrate deep into the wood pores creating that deep rich look.
â€¢â€‚ 100% polyurethane solids, in comparison TR-2 catalyzed lacquer with 28% and TR-8 catalyzed polyurethane with 57%.
â€¢â€‚ Environmentally safe, or green product (No Volatile Organic Compounds â€“ VOC).
â€¢â€‚ Non-yellowing formula stays clear.
â€¢â€‚ A hard durable finish.
â€¢â€‚ Solvent resistant.
â€¢â€‚ Wear and moisture resistant.
â€¢â€‚ Cold check resistant.
â€¢â€‚ Impact resistant (1 lb. steel ball at 17 inches).
â€¢â€‚ Print resistant.
â€¢â€‚ Chemical resistant (most common chemicals found in homes or offices).
â€¢â€‚ Automatic lifetime warranty.
19-Step Finish Process
1. Raw door face veneer and stiles are sanded with 180 grit paper.
2. Prior to stain or sealer application, a fine sanding with 220 grit paper through a high-precision electronic state-of-the-art wide belt sanding machine is performed.
3. Faces and stiles have water based stain applied with a direct and reverse roller coat system. Depending on desired color, two coats may be required.
4. Two separate brushes push the stain deep into the pores while wiping off excess stain.
5. Door travels through a 50-foot drying oven making product dry to the touch in minutes.
6. Top and bottom rails are sealed with polyurethane.
7. Stiles are machine sprayed with polyurethane.
8. A 100% solid polyurethane sealer is applied with a roller coat system on face.
9. Door travels through ultraviolet lite for curing.
10. A second 100% solid polyurethane sealer is applied with a roller coat system on face.
11. Door travels through ultraviolet lite for curing.
12. Opposite face of door passes through the same 1 thru 11 step process.
13. A final face sanding with 280 grit finishing paper is performed to ensure a smooth finish.
14. A first top coat of 100% solid polyurethane is applied with a roller coat system.
15. Door travels through ultraviolet lite for curing.
16. A final top coat of 100% solid polyurethane is applied with a roller coat system.
17. Door travels through ultraviolet lite for curing.
18. Opposite face of door passes through the same 13 thru 17 step process.
19. Door is inspected both sides for quality control.
A 19-STEP PROCESS INSURING EVERY DOOR MEETS AWS Edition 1-2009 SYSTEM 9.